Monday, July 7, 2014

Music Monday: Conway

I never quite forgot the opening act for that Ellie Goulding concert I attended back in April.
All I remember is this punky, energetic little fireball took the stage and got the crowd pumped up. That girl's attitude and big voice stayed in my mind, and I've been listening to more of Conway recently.

So I figured it's time I give her a spot in one of my Music Mondays! Hope you enjoy :)



Hope everyone had a spectacular 4th of July weekend! I worked that day, unfortunately, but once I got off work I managed to go see some fireworks with friends. We made it fun too, because we decided to pack a picnic!
I've recently thrifted this sweet little picnic basket at a thrift store, and it was time we put it to good use. So we tucked in hotdogs, potato salad, grapes, and chips into the container, and walked to the nearby college to set up a blanket and munch down while we waited for the fireworks to start. The show was a good one, and as I sat back, eyes aglow with the sparkling explosions, I felt myself drift away. From above, I observed our small group and our childish glee over the distant fireworks. This was going to be one of those moments in time I'll always remember. Just a simple day, and a simple memory, but one made special because of the people I was with.
Afterwards, everyone around us scrambled up to try and beat the traffic in escaping the packed parking lots. But since we'd walked, we remained on our backs, content to people watch. Then, once the area had cleared out, Kirsten, Ruth, and I decided to do some impromptu yoga. Along with cartwheels. Then sumersaults. And failed sit ups...
The Mountain Dew we'd consumed may or may not have affected the level of hyperness and silliness that ensued.
If you celebrated America's Independence Day, what did you do? Any traditions you keep?
I think the picnic idea is going to turn into a tradition for me!
Pin It

19 comments:

MODE LAB said...

VERY LOVELY POST DEAR

✧✧✧✧✧

ENTER GIVEAWAY

Sam said...

You look so pretty in your patriotic wear, love the flower crown. Thanks for the intro to her music.

Kiara Schwartz said...

Love these tunes!
xoKiara
Tobruckave Blog

Alexandra Zakharova said...

oh, as a matter of fact, I have never heard about Conway. So thank you for sharing, Linda! As usual, I enjoyed;)
I also like your patriotic outfit which you've created. Well done:)

Margarita M. said...

Looks like you had so much fun and also looked super cute!
Love the outfit and the red lip!!

http://adollwithoutstyle.blogspot.com

Rory said...

A picnic sounds like such a good idea! Looks like you had a ton of fun too :)

Thanks for sharing the music monday too! Woo I always love new artists :)
Rory

p.s. STOP BY MY BLOG TO ENTER AN AWESOME GIVEAWAY!!
www.WearAboutsBlog.com

Elana said...

So happy you had such a great Fourth! I LOVE what you wore! You look seriously awesome in that flower crown and top. Killing it!

www.room-334.blogspot.com

Kim Alston said...

You guys looked so cute!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

libys11 said...

seems like you had a great holiday weekend! :D

Animated Confessions

Rebecca said...

Great patriotic look.....thanks for sharing your wonderful holiday with us!

Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Random_Hi_D said...

Happy Independence day to you! You look like you had a great time.

http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

erica marie said...

I always love seeing the opening act to concerts...I've found so many new artist that I like that way. Looks like your 4th was a blast :)

xo erica

Love and Ace said...

Ah looks like you had a great 4th of July - that tank is so cute! xx Kat


Love and Ace

FASHION TALES said...

I like Conway, great to see them on here. I love your outfit and hope you have a wonderful week.
x/Madison
http://fashiotnalesblog.com

Toks said...

Lovely post, you look very patriotic.
xoxoxo

Jasmine Rabuñal Barrientos said...

Lovely pics! Love your 4th of July tee. In Spain we celebrate on 12th October Columbus Day.

Jasmine x
For a Real Woman
So easy Spanish!

Sandra Leiva said...

You look so cute, dear!

xx

http://www.madridforniagirl.com/

Sam said...

I am so grateful for your feedback on my last post :)

Jump Into Puddles said...

will have to check them out!!

Jessica
http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...